As I posted last week, we received the great news that Ally's birth certificate was done. However, we would have to wait for Ethiopia to send it to us to complete a new required form. A new form that was required as of tuesday. Enjoyed such a great sense of relief as we knew the birth certificate was done. However, it did not take long for the anxiousness to return and want them to send it to us, and when would this happen????
I have to admit that these last weeks have probably been the hardest of the last 2 years. Knowing that we are right here at the end!!!! I can just smell her sweet skin and want to get there as soon as I can. So as Iwas driving in to be with my discipleship yesterday morning I prayed again. Lord, forgive my anxious heart as you tell us to cast our cares upon you. I trust you and your plan is perfect no matter what. I surrender Ally to you again this morning. You know my desire is to be with her soon, but my greater desire is your will in my life.
An hour later, I looked at my phone and in bold print I see an email That says " BC and Court Decree" This is when I shouted in the middle of bible study and caused a little unexpected commotion. It was neat to be with my sisters in Christ when we got the news we had been waiting for. It was God again allowing me to come to that place of letting go, and then reminding me again that he is working and is able!
Surrender is hard but holding on to our own control is harder. There is only bondage in our own sense of control. Such glorious freedom when we give it to Him. And then a sweet rememberence of the journey that God brought you on to bring you to the sweet place of surrender. So now what? We overnighted our last documents with her bith certificate to our agency and they were able to mail them out on friday. We are hoping that we will be submitted on tuesday, that the embassy will not require any other info in her paperwork, and we will hear a date of travel in the next week! Will keep u posted. Keep praying!!!!
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment